Dubai is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. Their vision for creating the extraordinary has attracted millions of tourists, job seekers, and entrepreneurs.
You will find everything from skiing to dessert safaris and even overwater bungalows in Dubai.
When I think of overwater bungalows, I am instinctively drawn to the Maldives as these are normally associated with remote tropical islands. Since Dubai’s ambition is to bring everything to Dubai, they have created their concept of overwater villas.
In my post, I’ll look at the pros and cons of this and share my final thoughts on overwater bungalows in Dubai.
Top Overwater Bungalows Dubai
Let’s explore some of the top overwater bungalow resorts in Dubai and the surrounds
1. Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort
Location: The Palm Jumeirah
Why It’s Special:
- Antara palm resort Dubai is home to the first overwater villas in the UAE
- Secluded and luxurious escape on the iconic Palm Jumeirah
- The overwater bungalows provide beautiful views of the Palm Jumeirah and the Arabian Sea, creating a serene and exclusive ambiance.
- 89% of guests who stayed at the hotel would recommend this hotel
- Overwater bungalows have a private veranda
- Glass floor panel in over water villa
- Bathtub with beautiful ocean views
Other Overwater Bungalows within 1,5 hours of Dubai
2. Nurai Island Resort
Location: Nurai Island, Abu Dhabi
Why It’s Special:
- The resort is housed on a private island which is accessible by a 20min boat ride from Abu Dhabi. This gives you the Island Escape feeling.
- There are many accommodation options, including a beach house. The overwater villa is a 4-bedroom bungalow that is 10,000 square feet
- Ideal for families and large groups
- Minimalistic design and luxurious feel
- Kids club and kids Waterpark featuring 4 slides on site
- Abu Dhabi’s turquoise white sandy beaches are the closest that I have seen to the Maldives
3. Anantara Mina Al Arab (new resort coming soon Q4 2023)
Location: Mina Al Arab, Ras al Khaimah
Why It’s Special:
- From my initial impressions, this looks to be the closest to the true “overwater bungalow” experience in the UAE
- 45 minutes drive from Dubai
- The villas closely resemble overwater villas on tropical islands. They have thatch roofs and a natural feel
- Ras Al Khaimah is a quiet emirate in the UAE, most known for its beach resorts. You feel like you are away from a city
- Insider Tip: Explore the unique aspects of each resort, such as special water activities, spa treatments, or beachfront bars, to make the most of your stay
When I first visited this city in the Middle East in 2004, there was barely anything, a handful of luxury hotels and not even a Dubai Mall. In less than 2 decades, I have witnessed the evolution of this iconic city.
Their vision is to create a holiday destination unlike any other and the results thus far speak for themselves.
Overwater bungalows Dubai
As it stands, there is ONLY ONE overwater bungalow resort in Dubai, but there are a few options within an hour of Dubai.
As with anything else, you can expect a unique luxury experience when staying at an overwater villa in Dubai. The service standards are impeccable and you can ensure that you will have an amazing time.
The beaches are also some of the best that I have seen, so you can expect calm, clear waters and soft white sandy beaches – an ideal backdrop for an overwater bungalow.
Pros of staying in Dubai Overwater Bungalows
A Blend of Modernity and Nature
Dubai’s overwater bungalows are fairly new and combine contemporary design and innovation.
Depending on where you are staying, you possibly get uninterrupted views of the Arabian Gulf and the city’s iconic skyline.
Bungalows are designed to offer privacy and exclusivity.
Insider Tip: Wake up early to catch the mesmerizing sunrise over the Gulf from your private bungalow. It’s a breathtaking experience that’s worth setting your alarm for.
Dubai sets the bar high on luxury and service When choosing an overwater experience in Dubai, you can expect to be met with top standards.
Insider Tip: Take advantage of the dedicated butler service to arrange personalized experiences, from romantic beachside dinners to exciting water sports adventures.
Easy access to Dubai from anywhere in the World
Dubai International Airport is one of the easiest places to connect to directly from anywhere in the world. You won’t need to take multiple flights and layovers to access a remote island.
The bungalows are positioned along the city’s coastline, offering guests the best of both worlds: easy access to the vibrant urban life and the tranquility of the sea.
You can explore the city’s attractions and then return to your private oasis by the water’s edge.
Insider Tip: Plan your days to enjoy the city’s cultural and shopping experiences in the morning and reserve your evenings for relaxation and fine dining at your overwater bungalow.
Incredible Dining Experiences
You can enjoy gourmet dining right above the water. Dubai has the biggest selection of cuisine on offer from any other place in the world.
Insider Tip: Be sure to make reservations for dining experiences well in advance, especially for popular venues. It’s the perfect way to complement your luxurious stay.
The overwater bungalows in Dubai and the surroundings are easily accessible. You don’t need a costly seaplane ticket to access the accommodations. This makes it more cost-effective when compared to other remote island overwater accommodations.
Cons of Staying in Dubai Overwater Bungalows
Not Full-on Island Experience
The only con of staying in an overwater villa in Dubai is that you may not get the full-on island experience. One of the best parts about staying in an overwater bungalow is the remote location, which makes it feel like you have escaped “the real world”.
Booking Tips and Insider Insights
When planning your stay in Dubai’s luxury waterfront accommodations, keep these tips in mind:
- Advance Booking :These resorts are limited and in high demand. Book well to secure your dream stay, especially during peak seasons.
- Consider Packages: Look for all-inclusive packages that may include meals and activities, helping you save on expenses.
- Loyalty Programs: I am a big fan of loyalty programs, they can bring a lot of value to your travel experience.
- Visa Requirements: Ensure you understand the visa requirements for Dubai and have the necessary documentation.
- Best time to visit Dubai – Dubai experiences some extreme temperatures during the summer months, it may not be the ideal time to relaxing outside on your overwater bungalow.
Dive into Luxury in Dubai’s Waterfront Villas
Although Dubai is fairly new to the scene of overwater villas, there are few options. With the ongoing development and tourism, I would expect to see more of these in the future.
If you would like to experience an overwater villa, but also want a mix of a city adventure, then you should plan a trip to Dubai. You can get the best of both. You will probably be able to access these with one direct flight.
Other articles you’ll love: